- Perform all procedures required for efficient and accurate closings of all types of residential loans from loan closing through funding the loan.
- Provide support to ensure all loans close accurately and in compliance with company policies.
- Provide courteous and cooperative support to customers, both internal and external.
- Compiles information from loan file
- Prepares and issues closing instructions to Title Company or attorney’s following established procedures.
- Secures the preparation of closing documents through various methods
- Reviews processing, underwriting and title documents for proper completion
- Entering loan data completely and correctly into the loan operating system ensuring all required disclosures and documentation generated are accurate and complete
- Arranges for the funding of loan proceeds according to procedure
- Secures the delivery of funds to settlement agent
- Approves the disbursement of monies upon review of required items
- Responsible for accounting of loan proceeds and the accurate reporting of funds disbursement
- Perform required regulatory testing and retain documentation of results in each loan file
- Monitor, follow up and provide missing file data and documents to ensure that all loan files meet with regulatory guidelines
- Provide exceptional customer service and timely responses in support of internal and external customers
- Strict adherence to all state and federal regulations and company policies and procedures as stated in the loan policy manual, including confidentiality and security
- Assume additional responsibilities as required or requested by management
- Maintain loan files, ensuring that they are complete and in compliance including but not limited to:
- Regulatory compliance forms & disclosures
- Regulatory testing
- Insurance requirements, which may include flood, hazard, PMI, etc.
- Knowledge, Skills, Requirements:
2 years of previous experience closing Conventional, FHA, VA, and USDA loans -or equivalent
- Able to strictly follow instructions, policies, procedures, and confidential protocol
- Adhere and comply with all applicable Federal and State regulations, as well as company policies and procedures
- General banking knowledge
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills
- Solid computer skills including Outlook, Microsoft Word, and Excel applications
- Attention to detail, ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently, and closely and harmoniously with others in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work an 8 hour day and close approximately 40+ loans per month
- Ability to work efficiently from home, if needed
- Excellent customer service skills
- Remote positions possible
Empowering Community Lenders.