The Jumbo Underwriter reviews all credit, asset, income, and collateral documentation to produce a sound credit decision based on policies.
The position must be able to underwrite High Balance (Jumbo) High Risk transactions which contain more complex over credit review.
- Analyze appraisal, income, asset and employment source documents. Review submitted loan file data and documents for adherence to investor and lender policies for new loans.
- Data Entry as it relates to Input quality submission and appraisal, income, asset and employment source documentation.
- Upload loans and necessary conditions to investor if loan requires prior approval by Investor.
- Perform mortgage credit analysis to determine borrower’s ability to pay
- Knowledge of secondary market guidelines, including FNMA/FHLMC, verify data against documentation for income, assets, credit, property
- Review fraud reports and title document system as required, complete checklists and summaries
- Maintain service level objectives
- Respond to underwriting questions from internal and external customers
- Provide training to new hires, as needed, assist closing and post-closing as required
- Other duties as required by management
- 5 or more years of experience in Underwriting required. Jumbo underwriting experience preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of full documentation including extensive understanding of income calculations, asset review and credit risk decisions.